31 December 2013
Ukrainian World Congress motto and commemoration of key historical dates in 2014
The Ukrainian World Congress calls upon the Ukrainian diaspora to develop its activities in 2014 guided by the motto:
"Ukrainian s for democracy and Euro-integration!"
The Ukrainian World Congress also calls for the commemoration in 2014 of the following key anniversaries in the history of the Ukrainian nation:
- 200 th anniversary of the birth of Taras Shevchenko;
- 150 th anniversary of the birth of Metropolitan Vasyl Lypkivskyi;
- 100 th anniversary of the military formation Ukrainian Sich Riflemen;
- 75 th anniversary of the Proclamation of the Independence of Carpatho-Ukraine; and
- 10 th anniversary of the Orange Revolution.
UKRAINIAN WORLD CONGRESS
145 Evans Ave., Suite 207
M8Z 5X8 Canada
Tel. (416) 323-3020
Fax (416) 323-3250
The Ukrainian World Congress ( UWC) is the international coordinating body for Ukrainian communities in the diaspora representing the interests of over 20 million Ukrainians. The UWC has member organizations in 33 countries and ties with Ukrainians in 14 additional countries. Founded in 1967 as a non-profit corporation, the UWC was recognized in 2003 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council as a non-governmental organization (NGO) with special consultative status.